Elon musk as we all know, the man who built his business empire of Tesla and space x, has made a lot of headlines with his recent accomplishment neural link. So in this article, we would be breaking down Elon’s journey to being not only a billionaire but a business mogul.
- Elon was born in South Africa to an engineer father and model mother on June 28, 1971.6
- At age 12, He sold his first video game that he coded for $500.
- After being inspired by Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, He decided that his new life mission would be to save humanity.
- Leaves Stanford PhD program after two days to help found Zip2, which he started with a $28,000 loan from his father.
- He later received proceeds of $22 million from the sale of Zip2 to Compaq, which he used to start x.com.
- X.com merges with another online bank (Confinity) to form Paypal.
- Elon gets ousted as CEO from Paypal while on his honeymoon, yet still invests more money in the company regardless.
- He discovers that space rockets are artificially overpriced, and starts SpaceX to build his own rockets.
- Elon gets $250 million from the sale of Paypal to eBay.
- Meets Tesla founders Marc Tarpenning and Martin Eberhard, and introduces them to JB Straubel. Elon invests in Tesla.
- After having three SpaceX rockets explode while approaching bankruptcy with Tesla, Elon takes action.
- He takes over as CEO of Tesla and raises an emergency fifth round of financing. Meanwhile, his fourth rocket launch with SpaceX succeeds and a $1.6B contract with NASA is signed.
- Tesla goes public at $17 per share (it trades for ~$250/share today)
- He announces reusable rockets that could make space flight 100x cheaper and promises to also send humans to Mars by 2021-2031.
Musk is the only person, likely to been seen as the real life tony stark. With his newly unveiled plan to connect our brains to the internet, we would like to see what he have installed for us in the future.